Seminars and Learning Opportunities
Covered in the Level 1 (L1) Seminar (Offered live or online):
- The Grade School Model – A very clear way to know exactly where you should be in your training process with any dog at any point in time.
- The 3 Levels of Effect in Training: Behavior, Thought, Emotion – How to get the most benefit out of every action you take with the dog and actually resolve the underlying emotional issues behind challenging behavior problems.
- Melting a Mountain – How to resolve serious behavior problems in small, easy steps.
- Aligning Agendas – How to get the dog to choose for themselves they types of behaviors our clients will enjoy and have that stick long term, beyond training rewards or punishers.
- The Effective use of food and other rewards in training including an easy plan for fading them
- The Relaxation Triad SM (Conditioned Relaxation, Behavioral Downs, Differential Reinforcement for Relaxation)
- Creating an Appetitive Response to an Aversive and how to change the nature of punishment when needed
- Advanced boundary training…facilitates the use of +R techniques for reactive dogs and provides a high level of trustworthy freedom for dogs
- Punishment by Reward, how to use rewards in direct response to undesirable behavior to make incredible changes easily
- How to guarantee humane and productive use of aversives (used selectively and only when necessary)
- Stationing, a way to teach dogs to understand and respect spatial relationships to other animals, people, other objects
- Terminal Bridges
- Some modified components of Kayce Cover’s SATS:
- Intermediate Bridge – a game-changing way to communicate with dogs about their behavior
- Perception Modification – a powerful and more effective alternative to Desensitization and Counter-Conditioning that generalizes easily and makes permanent changes
- Name & Explain – an incredible tool used to communicate about what is in the dog’s environment
- Naming & Touching of Body Parts – an amazing technique that can help even the most uncomfortable of dogs feel comfortable being touched and handled by others including veterinarians
Online Resources for L1 Seminar Attendees:
- Online Support Group for ongoing education, guidance, and mentorship (free)
- Online Business Growth and Support Group (free)
- Scholar’s Group for entire case studies of Mark’s work and higher-level learning (subscription)
Level 2 (L2) and Other Advanced Training:
- Immersions – opportunities for “live in” experiences with the McCabes for coaching and learning
- Dog Socialization – teaching a special process that helps dogs to understand and see relevance in others’ body language so they can each respect and moderate their intensity and behavior relative to each other or many dogs
- Reactivity Camp – using advanced relaxation and communication techniques to teach dogs to feel differently about things they were previously reactive toward and to be able to be independently calm around those things
One spot per L1 is offered for a scholarship recipient
…and so much more!